Return request for non-compliant item
Hi everyone, I recently bought a plush toy which, besides turning out to be a fake (my fault here, because the seller marked it as "no brand" but from the photos it still seemed original, so I think I can't really do anything about that), has some seams coming undone.
The problem is that before I noticed this, I had already left positive feedback.
I sent the seller a message asking for at least a partial refund. Of course, it was ignored; so I opened a return request for a defective item, of course attaching the photos and explaining the situation.
The seller replied that before it was shipped it didn't have these defects and in fact I had even left positive feedback. Do I have any chance of getting a refund after involving eBay?
12 comments
elesar-01
OP3 years agoUpdate: one day before the deadline for reconciliation, the seller sends me the following message:
" if along the way, considering the dates and the volume of shipments that take place in that season, it may have suffered some damage, although it is difficult. But the package was sent in perfect condition and I have photos of it before shipment that corroborate this."
Obviously I won't accept, because I paid a full 30 euros for the item and it's also fake, plus 10 for shipping. The explanations are also not credible since a stuffed toy can't come apart during the trip, also because the package arrived intact. I'll wait until tomorrow to file the complaint. What do you think?
elesar-01
OP3 years agoAlso because, specifically, you can see those are seams coming apart because the object is poorly made, it's hard for them to have been caused by the user
sika700
Mentore3 years agoGood morning,
if you request eBay's intervention correctly in the procedure, you shouldn't have any problems with the refund.
Kind regards.
elesar-01
OP3 years agoCould you define "correctly" for me? I've never done it.
For now I'm waiting for the 6th to arrive so I can ask eBay to step in, meanwhile there are the photos as proof in my favor
sika700
Mentore3 years agoCorrectly, I mean to follow the procedure that ebay provides step by step, so at the end of the technical timeframes, as indicated, you can ask ebay to intervene.
Kind regards.
elesar-01
OP3 years agoThanks, and so do you think there are grounds to get a refund?
marioelegio
Mentore3 years agoThere’s a bit of confusion:
first:
but then you changed your story..........
Leaving aside the fact that it would be impossible to start a return request for a defective item if the item hasn’t arrived yet, tell me how it could possibly make sense to use the listing photos to prove that the item does not match the listing.
bye
mario
sika700
Mentore3 years agoGood morning Mario,
I think he means he is waiting until January 6th to have eBay step in on the return process he opened... but the item should have arrived to him...
If I'm wrong, let's hope the writer gives us confirmation or not.
Kind regards.
elesar-01
OP3 years agoI believe I speak Italian, so much so that the person above seems to have understood. The item obviously arrived, I sent the photos showing the defect (which was NOT visible in the photos published in the listing), so I first tried to contact the seller privately to work something out, but having received no reply I started the official return request, in which the seller replied as I wrote above.
So it obviously makes it clear that they do not intend to meet me halfway, so the only thing left is to wait until January 6 to get eBay involved: I assumed the seller will not proceed with the return.
marioelegio
Mentore3 years agoStrange that the date is January 6th (holiday). ebay gives the seller three business days to resolve the situation and refers the requester on the fourth (business) day to ask for their intervention.
Once you start a return, the seller has 3 business days to help you. If your issue is not resolved by the end of the 3 business days, you can ask us to step in.
hello
mario
elesar-01
OP3 years agoIt seemed strange to me too, but eBay gave me that date as soon as I submitted the return request ("if you can't reach an agreement with the seller, you can ask us to step in from January 6") or something like that. So that's what I'll do. I just wonder whether they'll side with me or with the seller
marioelegio
Mentore3 years agoIt should be very likely, but with eBay there are no certainties.
After all, they’ll have to decide between two conflicting versions and neither of you has real proof to support what you’re saying. In doubtful cases like these, they usually side with the buyer. But a lot will depend on the person who makes the decision
hi
mario